Search This Blog

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Early Days of Transition: A Phenomenology of Change

Some trans people insist that in transition they didn’t change their genders, they changed their bodies to align with the gender they’ve been since birth. But for me, I don’t think I really had a well-defined sense of gender at birth. It had to be shaped into existence by the regulations of society on how boys and girls are “supposed” to act.


I don't know much about Rachel, but I just love her writing.  I could easily feature every one of her posts.  She has a lot to say, she says it well, and most T-Central readers can certainly relate to much of it.

In Early Days of Transition: A Phenomenology of Change, Rachel talks about the awkward days when she first began her transition and needed to re-learn the "mechanisms of gender behavior".

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated