Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Interview with Cassidy McGuinn

Monika: What would you recommend to all transgender girls struggling with gender dysphoria?

Cassidy: If you can, see a therapist specializing in transgendered clients. It's by far the most important aspect of my transition. My therapist has been a godsend. A friend once told me transitioning is 25% physical and 75% mental/emotional (not sure if she heard/read it elsewhere), and that certainly has been true for me. If seeing a therapist isn't possible, writing out your thoughts can help enormously. Just beginning the process of articulating the tangle of conflicting thoughts and emotions out loud is so incredibly liberating - and empowering.
 
 
Monika has interviewed one of our own (as in a T-Blogger!).  Read all about the girl with the fab red hair in, an Interview with Cassidy McGuinn.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... featured *twice* in the same week! lol Thank you, Miss C!!! Incidentally, the friend I mentioned is Kelli, of The Good, The Bad, The Blonde fame. I neglected to specify that in the interview. My apologies if you see this, Kelli! :c)

    == Cass

    ReplyDelete

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated