Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Supergirl: A Transgender Girl's Thoughts

The biggest reason that I love this show is that it has used its story lines as metaphors to discuss important social issues like the refugee crisis, immigration, xenophobia, and of course, LGBTQ rights. With the third season of the show coming out soon, I thought this would a good time to discuss how I think Supergirl touches on the transgender experience in ways that really resonated me with me, even if that wasn't necessarily the intention of the writers.
 
 
 
This is a very nice review, from a transgender woman's perspective, of the Supergirl series on the American network, The CW.  Season three starts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated